Health and Safety Officer
Health and Safety Officer
£32,000-£35,000 per year
Full Time, Permanent
42.5 hours per week Monday-Friday Flexible Office hours however may be required to work outside of these hours when required to meet the needs of our 24-hour 7 day a week business.
Responsible for promoting a positive health and safety culture in the workplace. Ensure Arthur David Food with Service Ltd. is compliant with current legislation, by creating systems, procedures and robust key performance indicators.
Bristol WarehouseApply Now
- To comply with Company Core Values
- Develop & implement health & safety strategy within the business
- Develop, maintain & train site health & safety processes & procedures for farm & market depots.
- Conduct annual review of health & safety policy.
- Conduct annual review of all risk assessments.
- Lead investigation and route cause analysis of accident reporting, ensuring the implementation of corrective actions.
- Chair monthly health & safety meetings.
- Work with outsourced health & safety consultants to ensure compliance and site safety.
- Liaise with site facilities manager for onsite maintenance, safety & cleanliness of site & equipment.
- Ensure actions from monthly site hygiene audit are completed & signed off.
- Ensure senior management team is up to date with all current health & safety legislation changes and advice.
- Deliver monthly health & safety report at senior management meeting.
- Produce and distribute monthly health & safety news update with advice and information to the business.
- Monitor in-house and external training of FLT, Pallet trucks & machinery.
- Ensure training compliance
- Member of the H.A.C.C.P. V.A.C.C.P & T.A.C.C.P team
- There may be a business need for you to carry out other duties within the business that are within your skill set.
- Ensure that the quality, safety and legalities of all products are adhered to in all aspects of Food Safety including in relation to temperature control and maintenance of the chill chain.
- Attend occupational safety and health seminars to update job knowledge and enhance skills.
Joining the Arthur David family will give the right person the determination to strive to deliver excellence in all they do.
- Additional Day Off for Your Birthday
- Christmas Food Hamper
- Company Events
- Company Pension
- Death In Service Benefit
- Employee Discount
- Employee Perks Platform
- Enhance Maternity/Paternity Benefits
- Following 2 Years’ Service, Increased Annual Leave Entitlement and Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Free Parking
- Free Tea/Coffee and Fruit on Site
- Referral Programme
- Training And Development Opportunities
- Wellness Programme
- Day Shift (Flexibility Required)
- Monday-Friday (Flexibility Required)
- Must hold a Full UK Driving Licence
- Must hold NEBOSH or equivalent diploma
- Must have HACCP Experience and implementing CCP’s
- Experience working in a FMCG environment would be beneficial
- Health and Safety
United Kingdom (required)