Night Distribution Operative
Night Distribution Operative
£11.36 per hour
Full Time, Permanent
21:00-06:00, 42.5hrs a week, 5 nights between Sunday-Friday
You will be a multi-skilled operative across the Market Distribution, able to put your hands to various products; including fresh produce, chilled, dairy, ambient and Frozen. You will ensure that the delivery of products match the quantity and quality that the company expects and accurately complete all paperwork in accordance with the Purchasing and BRC requirements.
Bristol WarehouseApply Now
- To Champion Company Core Values (Customer Service, Quality, Excellence, Teamwork and Respect).
- To comply with Company Health & safety policy, take responsibility of your actions, and report any Health & Safety concerns to your Line Manager.
- Ensure that daily safety checks are carried out on FLT & Pallet trucks prior to the start of your shift and any defects reported to the Line Manager.
- Unload supplier deliveries using FLT and pallet trucks where required.
- Check and sign-off all deliveries using the tablets provided and retain proof of deliveries to ensure they are handed back to the buying office.
- Quarantine any product that does not meet the required standard and report them to your Line Manager.
- Breakdown of pallets and locate the produce in the correct pick location.
- Rotate stock in accordance with traceability coding/expiry dates and ensure full traceability numbers are assigned to the individual items and/or pallets.
- To compile all orders and ensure they are picked and stacked correctly and safely.
- Clean warehouse, yard and tidy pallets; ensure all recycling bins are tidy.
- Ensure there is correct staff usage of cleaning equipment in-line with the colour-coded allocation.
- Take responsibility for internal and external cleaning; including allocation of tasks to appropriate personnel and carry out reasonable maintenance of building fabric as required.
- Report any Quality issues to the Quality Controller.
- Ensure that the quality, safety and legalities of all products are adhered to in relation to temperature control and maintenance of the chill chain
- Comply with operational and legal requirements relating to food safety and environment as applicable to your role / business area
- Assist in completion of all paperwork related to food safety (cleaning records, goods in sheet etc.)
- Ensure completed paperwork is filed appropriately at the end of the shift.
- Additional Day Off for Your Birthday
- Christmas Food Hamper
- Company Events
- Company Pension
- Casual Dress
- Death In Service Benefit
- Discounted Or Free Food
- Employee Discount
- Employee Perks Platform
- Enhance Maternity/Paternity Benefits
- Following 2 Years’ Service, Increased Annual Leave Entitlement and Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Free Parking
- Free Tea/Coffee on Site
- Referral Programme
- Training And Development Opportunities
- Wellness Programme
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Experience of speaking confidently to customers
- Experience in Customer Service (6 months minimum)
- Experience in Office applications is preferred but not essential
- Data Entry and administration experience is preferred but not essential
- Warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
United Kingdom (required)