Aromatic Asian Spiced Prawn Arancini
Be inspired for your Valentines or Mother's day Menus with this gorgeous Seafood Starter by Essential Cuisine!
- 100g onion, finely chopped (code:1964)
- 10g garlic cloves, crushed (code: 928)
- 100g peppers, finely diced (code: 552)
- 400g Arborio risotto rice (code: 8552)
- 40g Essential Cuisine Asian Aromatic Base (code: 33132)
- 500ml boiling water
- 200g peeled prawns or crayfish, cooked and roughly chopped
- 5g chopped fresh herbs (dill, chives, tarragon)
- 1 egg yolk (code: 922)
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese (code: 8996)
- Plain flour (code: 8698)
- 2 eggs, beaten (code: 922)
- Panko breadcrumbs (code: 8152)
- Heat the oil in a thick bottomed pan, gently fry the onion, garlic and peppers till soft but without too much colour.
- Stir in the rice and sweat until the outside looks transparent.
- Whisk the Essential Cuisine Asian Aromatic Base into the water and gradually add to the pan, a little at a time, until absorbed by the rice. The rice should be al dente.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool, chill in the fridge.
- Gently stir the prawns, herbs, egg yolk and parmesan into the risotto mix.
- With wet hands, form the mix into suitably sized balls. Pane in the flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Chill for one hour.
- Heat a fryer to 180◦c, deep fry the arancini until golden brown and hot in the middle with your choice of sauce eg. tomato and basil or an Essential Cuisine Miso mayonnaise.