Buttermilk Chicken Katsu Curry
Curry infused buttermilk chicken served with Katsu Curry sauce on a bed of rice.
- 4 chicken fillets
- 250ml buttermilk
- 100g Blenders Curry Powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- 300g Blenders Katsu Curry
- 280g of jasmine rice
- Put the buttermilk in a bowl and add the crushed garlic and curry powder. Whisk together until the powder has dissolved. Add the chicken fillets, cover with cling film and put in the fridge for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove the chicken fillets from the buttermilk and coat in panko breadcrumb. Shallow fry in some hot oil until golden brown.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray and put into an oven at 170°C for a further 10 minutes to ensure the chicken is cooked through.
- In a small pot, gently heat the Katsu Curry until piping hot.
- Cook the rice as per pack instructions.
- Place the cooked chicken fillet on a bed of rice and pour over the curry sauce and serve.