Caramel Chocolate Tart
A fancy, traditional festive dessert topped with edible gold dust.
- 250g plain flour
- 125g butter
- 1 x egg yolk
- 50g caster sugar
- 300g caramel chocolate
- 225ml double cream
- 200ml single cream
- 1 x egg
- 2 x yolks
- Vanilla to taste
- Rub 125g of butter into 250g of plain flour, add 50g of caster sugar and 1 egg yolk and mix together using cold water to bind if needed.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll out thinly and line an 8 inch tart case.
- For the caramel mix melt chocolate.
- Bring the 2 creams to a boil and then stir in the melted chocolate.
- Combine with eggs and yolks, ensuring you mix thoroughly and leave to stand.
- Fill the pastry case with the chocolate mix and bake on 160’c for approximately 30 minutes until set.