Char grilled White Asparagus with Parma Ham and Sauce Gribiche
It's White Asparagus season, and pairing with a delicious Sauce Gribiche is the perfect way to enjoy this small treasure!
Peel the white asparagus (code 1023) and blanch in boiling salted water, then char grill browning all over and put to one side.
Gently char grill some slices of Parma Ham (code 8221) being careful not to burn.
Serve with sauce gribiche:
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 240ml vegetable oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornichons (small gherkin pickles), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by peeling the hard-boiled eggs. Separate the yolks from the whites. Place the yolks in a mixing bowl and set the whites aside.
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork and add the Dijon mustard and white wine vinegar. Mix well until smooth.
- Gradually add the vegetable oil to the egg yolk mixture, whisking continuously, until you achieve a thick and creamy consistency.
- Chop the reserved egg whites and add them to the sauce.
- Add the finely chopped shallot, capers, cornichons, parsley, and tarragon to the sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning as desired.