Chick'n Tikka Massala (Vegan)
Warm yourself up this winter with Future Farm’s take on the classic Tikka Masala!
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (sunflower, vegetable)
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- A thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 x 400 g tin of finely chopped tomatoes or passata
- 1 x 400 g tin of coconut milk
- 400g of Future Farm Chick’n (order code 5680)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- A small handful of coriander, very finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based saucepan. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and sauté on a low heat for around 10 minutes until soft, translucent and beginning to gain some colour.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the spices, along with a splash of water (to prevent the spices from scorching).
- Add the tomato puree and cook for 1 minute before adding the tinned tomatoes, coconut milk and chick’n.
- Cook on a medium low heat for 20 minutes until thickened and creamy. Season well with salt and lemon juice.
- Serve with a sprinkling of coriander and sides of your choice like rice, naan and mango chutney.