Double Baked Blue Cheese Soufflé
This rich & indulgent soufflé can be made well ahead of time, the perfect veggie alternative to Christmas Lunch or a side dish.
- 1pt Full Fat Milk
- 2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 100grms Plain Flour
- 125g Gruyere Plus 100 G Blue Cheese for Topping the Soufflé
- 11 Eggs Separated
- 25g Salted Butter
- Pinch Nutmeg Black Pepper and Salt
- Whisk the flour into cold milk and gently heat until thick and saucing consistency.
- Separate the eggs.
- Mix the yolks in to the sauce and add the mustard and seasoning.
- Whisk the whites and fold into the soufflé mix.
- Butter the dariole moulds and place a disc of parchment in the bottom.
- Ladle mix into each mould about 2\3rds
- Bake in a Bain Marie in an oven 200’c for 30mins approx.
- Leave to cool and turn out.
Place a soufflé in an oven proof dish and add a little double cream and milk to the pan, add some blue cheese to the top of the soufflé and place in a hot oven and bake for 10-15mins until double in size and serve immediately.