Irish Seafood and Chickpea Stew
A hearty classic with a Seafood twist - this Irish Stew is quick & easy to create and also lip smackingly good!
Allergens: Celery, Fish, Molluscs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed & chopped
- 500g Blenders Pasta Sauce (Order Code:
- 400g monkfish, cut into bitesize pieces
- 200g chickpeas, drained
- 2 potatoes, peeled & cut into dice
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 20g Blenders Fish Bouillon
- 180g fresh mussels (cleaned and beards removed)
- Heat oil in a pot and add the onion and garlic, cooking for 4 mins until translucent.
- Add the pasta sauce and reduce the heat to low. Add the chickpeas, diced potatoes and the fish stock.
- Cook for a further 20 mins with the lid on.
- Add the monkfish, mussels, and the juice of the lemon cooking for 5 mins until the mussel shells open.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve with some crusty baguette for mopping!