Leek, Girolle, Chicken & Asparagus Timbale
This elegant dish is a symphony of textures, colours, and flavours, artfully arranged to delight both the eyes and the palate.
Leek, Girolles, Chicken and Asparagus:
2 x leeks (cut into ribbons, blanched and refreshed)
250g Asparagus cooked and refreshed
500g chicken mousseline
100g fresh Girolles (or any mushroom of choice) sautéed in butter
6 x ramekins or metal timbale moulds
For the Chicken mousseline:
- 500 grams boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 egg whites
- 200 ml double cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut the chicken breasts into small pieces and place them in a food processor. Pulse until the chicken is finely ground.
- Add the egg whites, cream and seasoning
- Pass the mixture through a bowl sieve
- To taste and test the mousseline add a little quenelle to simmering water and cook.
- You may need to add more cream and adjust the seasoning
Butter the moulds and line with ribbons of leek fill with chicken mousseline, some of the morels and asparagus.
Bake in a Bain Marie in the oven for 20mins approx. 170 °C