Malin to Mizen Head Chowder
Cosy up with this hearty Irish Seafood chowder!
Allergens: Milk, Fish, Crustaceans, Molluscs, Celery, Gluten.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 100g smoked bacon, chopped into lardons
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1L prepared Blenders Fish bouillon (Order Code: 4490)
- 200g potatoes, peeled & cut into dice
- 300g fresh fish (salmon, haddock, cod, mackerel)
- 100g shellfish mix (mussels, prawns, crab)
- 50mls fresh cream
- 150mls of milk
- Parsley, chopped
- Oil for frying
- Heat a pot with some oil and cook the onion, carrot, and bacon for 4 mins.
- Add the potato and cook for a further 3 mins.
- Then add in the flour and combine well with all the other ingredients.
- Slowly add the milk and the fish stock, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 mins until the potatoes are cooked.
- Add all seafood ingredients and continue to simmer.
- Add the cream just before serving, top with parsley.