Prawn & Chorizo Paella
It may not be traditional to add Chorizo, but this Prawn and Chorizo Paella recipe is a no-brainer!
• 2 tbsp Olive Oil
• 275 g Paella Rice
• 750 ml Chicken or Vegetable stock
• 1 White Onion, finely diced
• 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
• 3 cloves Garlic, crushed and diced
• 2.5 tbsp Tomato Puree
• 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
• 2 pinches Saffron Threads
• 2 tsp ground Cumin
• 225 g Martinez Somalo Chorizo, thickly sliced
• 450 g raw Prawns – heads and shells removed, tails on
• 200g Real Olive Co Green Colossal Pitted Olives, torn into large pieces
• Lemon Wedges to serve
• Seasonal Micro Herbs to serve
- Place a paella pan pan over medium heat. Add the Olive Oil & fry the Chorizo for around 2mins to release some of the oil.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the garlic, paprika, saffron, and cumin and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the tomato puree, and cook for 2 minutes. Add the rice and saute, stirring, for another 2-3 minutes until the grains are completely covered in the tomato and spices.
- Add the stock & season well with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low straight away and simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Don’t stir the rice – it will release its starch. Resist the urge if you can! Add a splash of water if it looks a little dry.
- When the rice is almost finished, arrange the Prawns on top of the rice, pressing into the rice with the back of a spoon. Cook until just cooked all the way through and all of the liquid in the pan has evaporated. Add the Olives.
- Serve with lemon wedges & some seasonal micro herbs