Raspberry Dacquoise Torte
A beautiful raspberry & hazelnut layer cake with a vanilla buttercream - the perfect Valentine's dessert!
- 230g ground almonds
- 70g chopped hazelnuts
- 10 egg whites
- 280g caster sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 70g egg (whites whipped to soft peak)
- 40ml water
- Vanilla to taste
- 5 egg yolks
- 240g caster sugar
- 100ml water
- 360g unsalted butter
- Whisk egg whites with a little of the sugar until soft peak then add remaining and whisk until firm and glossy, fold in the nuts.
- Spoon into a piping bag with 1/2inch nozzle and pipe on a lined baking sheet, bake for 15mins approx. 160 degrees
Italian Meringue & Buttercream:
- To make the Italian meringue dissolve the sugar in the water and boil to 118’c
- Slowly pour onto the whipped egg whites continue whisking until cold and glossy put to one side.
- For the buttercream dissolve the sugar in the water and boil to 118’c and pour onto the whisked egg yolks, continue whisking until double in size and glossy
- Add the butter until completely mixed then fold in the Italian meringue
- Pipe the buttercream onto one of the dacquoise sheets and place fresh raspberries all over
- Pipe the remainder over the raspberries and sandwich with the other dacquoise sheet.
Slice into portions & serve – Steve has served with Callebaut Chocolates & Blueberry dusted Marshmallow Cubes