Smoky Harissa Peanut Burgers - Vegan
Hearty, fresh, crunchy and sweet...these Moroccan flavoured vegan burgers will seriously hit the spot!
Makes 4 Patties
- 1/2 can of Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of Cooked white quinoa
- 1/3 cup Onion (diced)
- 1/8 cup Yumello Smoky Harissa Peanut Butter (order code: 17078)
- 1/4 cup Salted peanuts (crushed)
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce or Tamari
- 1 teaspoon Chilli garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- Pinch of Sea salt
For serving (optional):
- 4 Burger buns
- Yumello Smoky Harissa Peanut Butter
- Red onion (thinly sliced)
- Carrots (thinly sliced)
- Fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees (fan).
- Lightly grease a baking sheet on a baking tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, roughly mash the chickpeas with a fork (do not mash to smooth, the added texture of the chickpeas makes it delicious).
- Add the cooked quinoa, diced onion, peanut butter, crushed peanuts, tamari or soy sauce, chilli garlic sauce, brown sugar and a pinch of sea salt.
- Stir to combine and adjust seasonings as needed. If the the mixture is too wet to form into patties, add more ground peanuts.
- Shape the patties from the mixture, place on the greased baking sheet and press down slightly to make them flat (remember to keep a nice thickness).
- Bake for 20 minutes, carefully flip then bake for 15-20 minutes more.
- Serve on the burger buns with some thinly sliced carrots, onions, and a lather of peanut butter. Sprinkle with coriander, top the bun and ta dah!