The Centre Spread Of The Year!
Boxing Day, traditionally celebrated on December 26th, is a time for relaxation, family, and indulgence. While the holiday season is often associated with grand feasts, Boxing Day offers a more casual and communal atmosphere. Creating the perfect Boxing Day sharing spread involves a delightful combination of flavours, textures, and festive cheer. But what really goes into making the perfect boxing day spread?
- Cheese and Charcuterie Board: Start the celebration with a well-curated selection of cheeses, cured meats, and accompaniments. You can include a variety of cheeses like Brie (2763), 60 Month Aged Cheddar (5676), and Bath Blue Cheese (9215). Pair them with some Prosciutto (8221), Salami (8244), and Chorizo (8245). Finish off by adding some Olives, Pickles, and an assortment of crackers to create a visually appealing and flavourful board.
- Smoked Salmon Canapés: We've got you covered to elevate your spread with elegant smoked salmon canapés. Top bite-sized pieces of toasted bread with cream cheese, smoked salmon trimmings (13679), capers, and a sprinkle of fresh dill (2707). These refreshing bites are sure to add a touch of sophistication to your Boxing Day gathering.
- Turkey and Cranberry Sliders: Utilize your leftover Christmas turkey to create delectable sliders. Layer slices of turkey on small rolls, add a dollop of cranberry sauce, and perhaps a touch of stuffing for a bite-sized taste of the holiday season. Serve them warm for an extra cosy touch.
- Mini Quiches: Prepare an assortment of mini quiches with various fillings such as spinach and feta, bacon and cheddar, or mushroom and Swiss. These savoury treats are easy to handle and make for a satisfying addition to your Boxing Day spread.
- Roasted Vegetables: Roast a colourful medley of seasonal vegetables like carrots, Brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoes. Drizzle them with olive oil, sprinkle with herbs, and roast until they are golden brown and tender. These veggies add a healthy and flavourful component to your spread.
- Cranberry Pecan Salad: Fancy something different? Create a refreshing salad with mixed greens, dried cranberries, toasted pecans, and crumbled feta cheese. Toss it all together with a zesty vinaigrette for a light and vibrant side dish that complements the richness of the other offerings.
- Yule Log Cake: Keep the festive spirit alive with a classic Yule log cake. This chocolatey dessert shaped like a log is not only visually appealing but also a delightful treat for the sweet tooth. Garnish with powdered sugar and festive decorations for an extra touch of holiday magic.
- Assorted Dessert Platter: Create a platter with an assortment of bite-sized desserts like mini mince pies, chocolate truffles, and gingerbread cookies. This allows guests to sample a variety of sweets without committing to a full-sized portion.
Crafting the perfect Boxing Day sharing spread is all about balancing flavours, textures, and the spirit of togetherness. With a thoughtful selection of appetizers, main courses, sides, and desserts, your Boxing Day celebration is sure to be a hit. Embrace the joy of sharing good food and good company as you bid farewell to the holiday season in style.
Georgina Williams - Marketing Assistant